Rosendahl Nanosyncs HD
With the introduction of high definition video standards synchronisation of digital audio and video signals is becoming an even more exacting and complex task than it has been already.
The new Nanosyncs HD Multi Standard Sync Engine is an intricate electronic gearbox which locks PAL, NTSC or slow PAL, progressive or interlaced HD Trilevelsyncs and digital audio reference signals together in any required combination.
The improved DDS audio clock synthesiser combined with a new, ultra high frequency analog PLL design results in lowest clock jitter and minimal phase drift. Word clock jitter is < 8 ps RMS within the audio spectrum (20 Hz – 20 kHz).
Jittery, interrupted or lost input signals do not affect the stability of the video and audio reference outputs.The unlock and relock procedures are processed smoothly and ensure that all output signals deliver stable reference signals in all operation conditions. A Nanosyncs HD Multi Standard Sync Engine inserted in your synchronisation chain guarantees continuous, steady sync signals.
Six video outputs can be individually routed to output SD standard video sync or the HD Trilevelsync reference signal.
The internal SD and HD video generators can be genlocked to external standard definition video syncs as well as to HD Trilevelsync signals with framerates at 24, 48, 25, 50, 30, 60 Hz including the respective -0.1 % pull down values. The generated output standards are selected independent of the incoming video reference format which allows genlocking different video standards together.
All audio clocks can be resolved to the video section as well as to external word clock or free running LTC time code signals.
A midi device class compliant USB port serves to feed a digital audio workstation with MTC and forms together with the locked audio clock signals a complete DAW synchronisation solution.
The integrated LTC generator can be controlled locally or via MMC / MTC from a host computer to provide a video phase locked time code output.
The firmware of the unit can be updated using the USB port to implement upcoming standards in the new domain of high definition video and audio.
Eight word clock outputs can be configured to output base sample rates 44.1/ 48.0 kHz including the respective +/- 0.1% and 4% pull factors.
Applied x2 or x4 multipliers produce accordingly 88.2 / 96.0 or 176.4 / 192 kHz. The two AES/EBU reference outputs and a SPDIF output can be configured to base (x1) or double (x2) sample rates.
- USB 2.0, class compliant midi device plug and play under windows XP or Mac OSX MTC, MMC and Rosendahl SYSEX for firmware updates
- video input: BNC, 75 ohms terminated accepts SD Bilevel syncs and HD Trilevel syncs
- word clock input: BNC female, 75 ohms terminated 1,5 – 5 Vpp, 40 – 200 kHz
- time code: LTC input, RCA/ Cinch 10k ohms -40 to +20 dBu LTC output, RCA/ Cinch 600 ohms, 1 Vpp
- SPDIF output: RCA 75 ohms, 0.5 Vpp, IEC 985
- AES / EBU output: 2 x XLR 3-pin male, transformer balanced 110 ohms, 3.5 Vpp, AES-3 (Fs x1 or Fs x2)
- word clock outputs: 8 x BNC 75 ohms, 3.5 Vpp @ 75 ohms; outputs 1-6: multipliers Fs x1, Fs x2, Fs x4; outputs 7-8: multipliers Fs x1, Fs x2, Fs x4, Fs x256 (super clock)
- video outputs: 6 x BNC 75 ohms, AC-coupled; SD Bilevelsync, 300 mV sync, 300 mV burst, HD Trilevelsync, +/- 300 mV sync high/low
- audio clock synthesiser: FS x1, FS x2, Fs x4, FS x256 from sample frequencies; 42.336, 44.056, 44.100, 44.144, 45.937 kHz;46.080, 47.952, 48.000, 48.048, 50.000 kHz; lock range to external LTC is +/- 10% of nominal speed
lock range to external word clock is 40 - 51 kHz or 80 - 102 kHz; random jitter amplitude < 200 ps in all operation modes; clock jitter < 12 ps within the audio spectrum (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- internal time base: temperature compensated VCXO; +/- 0.5 ppm @ ambient temperature 15 – 30 Celsius
- video sync generator: standard definition: 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL, 625/24 or 625/23.98 slow PAL
high definition: 1080psf23.98, 1080psf24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60;1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97 1080p30; 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60; 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 720p30, 720p29.97, 720p25, 720p24, 720p23.98
- power supply: internal linear regulated power supply, 230 VAC/50 Hz or 115 VAC/60 Hz, 10 W, internal switchable
- dimensions: 19“, 1U rackmount, 442 x 120 mm, 2.5 kg